Saturday was public Lands Day (I couldn’t take the day off work because we had demo team tryouts). Sunday I had to go right out and check the new bridge. It’s really nice but I didn’t have a camera, so I went back today with my phone. (iPhone: multipurpose gadget). It was chilly, and damp today, so I didn’t wear bug spray. I’m not sure it would have helped against the really teeny bugs anyway. And there was a LOT of spider-dancing going on today, not that bug spray would have helped with webs anyway.
Here is the old bridge, last spring, floated out of place by high water. There was a rope tying it to the trees on both sides, but obviously that wasn’t enough. And on the right is the start of the new bridge.
Here is the new bridge!! :- ) It’s built on a frame of guardrails and anchored at both ends by what looks like concrete curbstones (3 or 4 on each side). There are metal cables attached to screws in the concrete, through holes in the bridge, and then tied around trees.